Perennial winner of Bicycling Magazine and the League of American Bicyclists Best Biking in America Awards. The Central Indiana Bicycling Association, Inc. (CIBA) is proud to sponsor the 50th Annual Hilly Hundred Weekend, a classic bicycling event designed for the touring cyclists. If you like a bicycling challenge that includes entertainment and fellowship with more than 4,000 cyclists from over 40 states and several foreign countries, the Hilly is for you.
• This three day event (with two
days of riding approximately 50 miles each day) is held in
the scenic hills of southern
• The challenging terrain is a wonderful mix of gently rolling country roads and breathtaking hills (literally).
• The Saturday route initiated in 2013 will continue to include a 35 mile option. This route marks a return to Owen County roads and lovely downtown Stinesville. Owen county is continuing to pave some of the Hilly routes There are some hills and scenic views on this route that will leave you breathless.
• On Sunday, our route will again cross SR 37 and include a slightly different view of perennial favorite Morgan-Monroe State Forest and the Hilly Hundred's legendary bragging hill Mt. Tabor. The highway construction on SR 37/I 69 may force us to make last minute changes to details this year. The route is slightly longer in order to cross the highway and will be slightly more challenging at 54 miles and 3000’ of climbing
• Free food and live(ly) entertainment at each of three rest stops on both Saturday and Sunday.
• Attendance is limited -- get your registration form to us as early as possible!
• The Hilly is not a race, so come for a challenging tour but leave the racing gear at home.
• You must wear a bicycle helmet to participate in this ride.
Headquarters for the weekend is Edgewood High School, 601 S. Edgewood Drive, Ellettsville, Indiana. This is where the ride starts and finishes each day. Riders will start between 8 am and 10 am on both Saturday and Sunday morning and they must be capable of finishing the route and returning to the high school by 4 pm each day.
Hilly Hundred Merchandise
• There’s something for everyone.
Please order with your registration because quantities and
sizes for sale at the Hilly
will be limited.
• Choose from short sleeve and long sleeve t-shirts, short sleeve cycling jerseys, cycling socks, a baseball cap and more.
• Great souvenirs ranging from the traditional patch and pin to a very useful and functional water bottle.
• Once again there is a unique limited edition poster created by Scott and Kate Warpool exclusively for the 2017 Hilly Hundred.
• On site sales: Additional merchandise items may be available.
See the Merchandise Page for photos of 2017 Hilly merchandise.
Great Food is Served Saturday Morning, Saturday Afternoon and Sunday Morning
• These meals, prepared by the
Edgewood High School Booster groups, are optional and
require an extra charge.
• Early Saturday morning you will have the opportunity to fuel up at the junior high school before tackling the day’s ride.
• Late Saturday afternoon there will be a mouth-watering dinner to help you recharge.
• Early Sunday morning you can begin the day with a hearty breakfast to energize you for the day’s challenges.
Each participant, regular and volunteer alike, received a 2017 Hilly Hundred Souvenir Booklet free of charge in their rider packet. It contains cycling content, Hilly Hundred information and photos of past years, and advertising/special sales from local businesses and cycling vendors. This booklet is produced every other year. It's 40 pages in length and it will be a great addition to your coffee table at home. Contact Mark if you would like to have one.
Motel and Restaurant Information
For current hotel/motel availabilities in the over the Hilly weekend in the local area, consult this webpage maintained by the Bloomington/Monroe County Convention & Visitors Bureau www.visitbloomington.com/visitors/hotels/. For restaurant information, go to www.visitbloomington.com/visitors/restaurants/. For further information, contact them at 1-800-800-0037 or www.visitbloomington.com. For information on possible accommodations in Owen County immediately west of Ellettsville, contact the Sweet Owen Convention and Visitors Bureau www.sweetowencvb.org at email@example.com.
Camping is Available On Site and for Only a Nominal Charge
• Space on the school campus is
available for tent campers and RVs, although no hookups or
conveniences will be
provided for the RV campers. Pricing is by the campsite (generally one tent and up to 3-4 people) and by the
recreational vehicle, again containing up to 3-4 people. So get with your family & friends for overnighting with us
• Campfires, charcoal grills, smoking, drugs and alcoholic beverages are not permitted on the school campus.
• Plenty of sleeping bag space is available inside the Intermediate and Primary Schools right on campus. Come and stay
overnight with us.
• Weekend-long shower privileges will be available to all participants at no additional charge. Rubber Duckies rock!!
Rubber Duckies, Inc. will begin begin taking 2017 shower reservations in just a few short months! If you know your 2017 event dates and wish to receive a mobile shower quote please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Bring your own toiletries and towel.
Riders Under 18 Years of Age
Riders under the age of 18 need the approval of a parent or legal guardian as required on the registration form. Riders under the age of 16 may participate in the Hilly only if accompanied by a bicycling parent or other responsible adult. Groups of underage riders must have additional adult supervision bicycling with them.
If you are willing to work at least six hours, your registration fee, camping or sleeping space, meals and a Hilly Helper T-shirt are free upon request. Each prospective volunteer must fill out the volunteer registration form. If you plan to volunteer, please do so early. Help us be more effective in providing an outstanding Hilly!
For additional information see the Volunteer Information Page.
Central Indiana Bicycling Association (CIBA)
The 50th Hilly Hundred Weekend is sponsored by the Central Indiana Bicycling Association, Inc. (CIBA) of Indianapolis, Indiana. CIBA is one of the largest and most active bicycle clubs in the United States. Additional information about CIBA may be obtained by visiting CIBA’s website at www.cibaride.org or by contacting CIBA's president Jason Ochoada.
Proceeds from the Hilly Hundred Weekend support CIBA activities, the CIBA Foundation, Inc., Bicycle Indiana, and the Edgewood High School Dollars for Scholars program. Hilly Hundred Weekend proceeds are also used to support the local communities. Unused food from the rest stops is donated to the Hoosier Hills Food Bank.
What Others Have Said About The Hilly Hundred Weekend
“Best Overall Ride,” “Best Map,” and “Longest Running Annual Ride” Bicycling Magazine and the League of American Bicyclists selected the Hilly Hundred Weekend as the recipient of these honors.